Ouch…that has to hurt!
Recently at UDS in Dallas, the Ubuntu Server Team had a suggestion about little annoying things that users wanted fixed. Taking a page from the desktop this turned into the Ubuntu Server Papercuts project.
So the things that we are focusing on for the project are the small little things. Things like:
- Cron Job spamming root
- Low hanging fruit
- Minor annoyances for the sysadmin that keep them up at night
Remember the bug should be easily fixable, things like implement ipv6 for foo is obviously not a papercut. To nominate a bug for the papercuts project the process is the following:
- If the papercut isn’t already filed as an Ubuntu bug in Launchpad, go here.
- Look up the bug you want to nominate as a Server papercut, then click on “Also affects project”.
- Click “Choose another project” and type in “server-papercuts”, click “Continue”.
- Click on “Add to Bug report”.
When the bug list starts to fill up we will go through it and review them. But remember (from wikipedia):
A drop of ‘liquid bandage‘ or equivalent onto a paper cut can seal the skin to stop pain as well as prevent further opening of the wound (as is common on a location such as a finger).
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!